Monday, May 9, 2011

Jerry as a "fictional" character

I have not been able to track down the book, although at one time I owned a copy, nor do I remember the author (what a useless post this is), but there was a science fiction novel called "The Seed" in which Jerry played himself.

The premise was that some folks were building a super-computer in order to figure out why Earth exists. Somewhere around the middle they cite Jerry by name.

It was not a durable piece of fiction so I'll just go ahead and spoil it by telling you that mankind, according to the computer, is merely an infection that will develop nuclear weapons that produce a beautiful surface prior to the bead being drilled and strung on a huge necklace. Thus the title.

It was a bit derivative of an old John Collier short story, but I was thrilled to see Jerry's name in a novel.

If anyone remembers the particulars of the book, send me a note and I'll fill in the blanks.

1 comment:

  1. Title: The Seed
    Author: Dan Thomas
    Publication Date:1968

    ReplyDelete